Bringing the Thunder!

How dare you embarrass the puppet master!
I can admit when I look bad.

Right after touting Southern Miss as my sleeper tourney team I'm in love with, The Maniac is promptly rewarded with a horrifying 95-65 loss at Marshall.  The Thundering Herd pummeled the Golden Eagles in every way possible.

The saving grace for Southern Miss?  They shot 1 of 16 from distance.  Obviously it can be indicative of a real problem, but I'd chalk it up to one bad shooting night that snowballed early and rolled them over on the road against a pretty solid Marshall team who gave UCF everything they could handle earlier in the week in Orlando.

This Saturday we get an incredible "prove it" game for two of Conference USA's most intriguing new challengers to Memphis's throne.  The game tips at 5pm local time; 6pm for us folks on the east coast.  It might be hard to find - I can usually pick 'em up on channelsurfing.net...

No comments:

Post a Comment