Quick Picks - Nov 16th

Five for the Road

What a glorious day my amigos! 25+ consecutive hours of college hoops to get this season kicked into high gear. I can't think of a better reason before March to "catch a cold" cough cough...

This could quite likely be a foolish move given early season jitters, but the Maniac is staking his early season record on five road teams.

In the marquee game on a pretty packed day, give me the Buckeyes +3 traveling to the O-Dame to meet Billy D's Gators. Ohio State has the perfect blend of elite freshman talent and savvy veteran leadership to make a real run at a Final Four this season. The Gators return five starters, but they are five starters, none of whom are likely NBA players and who barely squeaked into the Dance last year.

If it sounds like I'm down on the Gators, perhaps I am. I just struggle to view this as the elite-level team it is being largely sold as. Beat up Brutus tonight like it's 2006 and I'll quickly change my tune.

The fact that Butler is getting points at Louisville speaks more to the power of the home gym than it does the power of the Cards. Somehow it seems like Butler has steeled their nerves on larger stages. Yes, Hayward left early for the NBA but the Bulldogs are still LOADED. Ronald Nored and Shelvin Mack might be the best backcourt in the country, and are certainly top five.

Give me Butler +3

For my final road trifecta, give me three teams you might want to remember cone March.

Colorado +5.5 at Georgia
San Diego State +8 in a sneaky great game at Gonzaga
Pacific +7.5 at UCLA (upset special, don't be surprised when the Tigers clip them straight up.)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment