Cuse Don't Fail Me Now

I usually don't venture into cyberspace to make only one pick, but the game tonight is just begging me to weigh in. Syracuse, arguably the most impressive team thus far in 2009, lays only 2 points against the Florida Gators.

Granted, Florida has some big brand name wins. They have beaten Florida State (in my opinion a bubble team come March) and Michigan State (who always loses a few in November and subsequently rewards their vanquishers via RPI boosts in March when Izzo's Spartans finish with a flurry).

I suppose from the parenthetical asides it is pretty clear who I am picking in this one. The 'Cuse biggest concern will be shaking off a little rust from a quiet three weeks which featured four games, none close, and none against tourney-bound foes.

The biggest tip I can offer you recreational, non-real money wagering readers is that Vegas is treating this like a road game. Syracuse is an easy 6-7 point favorite on a neutral floor; which is precisely what the St. Pete Forum is. Will it be a decided pro-Gator crowd? Probably. Is the O'Connell Center? Not by a long shot.

MANIAC'S PICK:
Give me Syracuse -2 in yet another big early season profile building win.
Want More? Have something to Say?
Read, Rant, Agree, Disagree...Curse at Us (nicely please)
Do it all @ MarchManiacs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment