As Good As It Gets.

Call me crazy, but I am leaning towards the Dookies tonight. The lasting impression of them is Kyle Singler clanging free throws while they jogged up and down the court getting flat-out emasculated by Clemson. And for the breadth of our readers, emasculated means "getting treated like a little bitch." Or "punked, bullied" - you pick your adjective.

That said, if you put a gun to my head four weeks ago and told me to pick the toughest team in the country, I would have picked Duke. I like Oklahoma, I like Louisville and though I do NOT like Pitt, you can't say they aren't tough. And I would have still chosen Duke.

Tonight, we find out.

John Scheyer has been AWOL the past few weeks, and it has showed in losses to Wake and Clemson. Kyle Singler had more turnovers than POINTS in the Clemson game. Facing Hansbrough, Green, Ellington and Lawson is not really an answer to get on track offensivly. North Carolina has more defensive talent than anyone in the country and the can run and trap all day.

With all that said; I am picking Duke.

Maybe it is the overflow of bro-mance from Duke Vitale, maybe it is an over abundance of false trust in the resiliancy of Coach K to rebound from two disspointing losses to defend Cameron Indoor, maybe it is a stubborn grudge for a few early-season Tarheel slipups, but I truly think the Blue Devils get it done tonight.

If not, there is a good chance I'll end up deleting this column... just kidding. But a big thanks to our loyal readership for pointing out (frequently) the ineptitude of my picks...

MANIAC'S PICK: Duke 87 UNC 83

Honestly, it doesn't get much better than this...
Enjoy the Game!


Want More? Have something to Say?

Read, Rant, Agree, Disagree...Curse at Us (nicely please)
Do it all @ MarchManiacs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment